Home - Student Services/Guidance
Welcome to the Harvest Christian Academy online Student Services/Guidance Department page. We believe that God has uniquely gifted each one of our students and that He has a plan for their lives. Our department goal is to help students make the best choices possible as they strive towards God’s will for their lives. It is our intention to enable our students to be wise stewards of all the gifts, talents, abilities, experiences and passions that God has entrusted them with; all to the glory of God.
We commit to partnering with parents in creating a four year plan for each student, taking into consideration each student’s post secondary goals. Additionally, we collaborate with our teachers, resource services, school nurse, Spiritual Life Director and administration to care for and encourage all of our students in their physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual development.
- To partner with our parents in encouraging their students to make the most of their high school years.
- To identify and develop students’ giftedness in order to enable them to glorify God through the use of these gifts.
- To help students’ navigate through their high school years.
Department Action Items
- Track of each high school student’s class choices to make sure they are meeting the necessary requirements for graduation.
- Furnish each student with a step by step Guided Action Plan for college preparation
- Direct students toward tools to assess their giftedness.
- Encourage students to work toward National Honor Society membership in our Tupos Chapter.
- Provide student portfolio development ideas.
- Provide PSAT testing to all sophomores and juniors and standardized testing for grades sixth through ninth.
- Meet individually with each junior/senior to discuss college or career plans.
- Direct student and parents to a variety of valuable and current web sights that offer an excellent source of information on preparing for college and/or career.
Director of Student Services & Guidance
Guidance Department & Career Services